side effects of ivermectin liquid in humans ivermectina para que sirve cada cuanto se toma is ivermectin used in canada for covid 19 para que serve a ivermectina how to use ivermectin powder for dogs how much ivermectin to give a dog with demodectic mange how long does ivermectin toxicity last in dogs what type of ivermectin for humans

Outfit: Body Love + Shorts

ootd517-1

ootd517-2

ootd517-3

I’m Wearing: City DKNY blazer (similar) | “I Love My Body” tee by Differently Clothing | ASOS shorts | Old Baby Phat sash used as a headwrap | Wanted wedge sneakers (similar) | Forever 21 arrowhead necklace & earrings

ootd517-4

ootd517-5

ootd517-6

I’ve been a journey toward self and body acceptance for a couple of years now, and I’m happy to say that I’ve made a lot of progress, in large part because I try to surround myself with women and messages that contribute to the positive body image movement. What’s funny is that I designed the t-shirt I’m wearing in these photos really early in my journey. Let’s just say it was an aspirational message, because I wasn’t there yet. Today, however, I can wear this shirt — and all the others in the Self Love series — with pride, because the message is the truth. And I hope that it inspires someone else — anyone else — to love theirs too. The shirt is available in a bunch of colors and t-shirt styles.

ootd517-7

ootd517-8

In other news, I’ve had these shorts for months and have planned at least 5 outfits with them. But every time I planned to wear them, the weather took a turn for the cold. When Eboni from The Fashionista Next Door chose shorts for this week’s Style Me Friday challenge, I finally had an excuse to try again. I got lucky, because yesterday, it was finally warm enough to rock them. All the other looks I planned were more demure and conservative, but I wanted to go more casual. The graphic tee, wedge sneakers and the bow in my hair created exactly the overall look I was going for: Casual and cute, but still well put together.

Side note: I’ve since learned that I need to find shorts that are a little longer. I haven’t worn shorts this short since I was in high school, and now I remember why 🙂

ootd517-9

ootd517-10

I’m linking up with: Style Me Friday | Dress for the Day | Style Sessions | I Feel Pretty | Friday Fashion Informant | Passion for Fashion

3 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 2 Pin It Share 1 Google+ 0 3 Flares ×
  • Mo @Who is that girl Mo? May 17, 2013, 1:58 pm

I love the message of the t-shirt! Very inspirational. I like how you turned the sash into a bow wrap. Cute idea. 🙂 Have a great weekend.

Mo

• jennae May 20, 2013, 4:09 pm

Thanks Mo! I’m glad the message came through loud and clear 🙂

• Jen May 17, 2013, 7:19 pm

Luuuv the shorts and hair!! And your jewelry, I gasped! Cause I have the same ones, wear em the same way, from F21 LOL!

• jennae May 20, 2013, 4:10 pm

Thanks Jen! That’s quite a coincidence with the jewelry 🙂

• Plush Plum May 18, 2013, 1:13 am

I love the magenta shorts! Too cute. I love the colored-bottoms trend, and I especially love seeing them in seeing plus size outfits!

~Plush

• Eboni Ifé May 18, 2013, 2:19 pm

Love your scarf. So cute! And, I love that you went the casual route with this challenge. You know I’m all about those sneakers. Thanks for linking up!

• jennae May 20, 2013, 4:16 pm

Thanks Eboni! This was my first time wearing shorts in a VERY long time, so I had to make sure everything else was comfortable so I wouldn’t punk out…lol!

• Pidg May 19, 2013, 11:00 am

What a cute look…. love the scarf, I wish I could pull that off like you. I’m so scary in shorts but you look so great!

• jennae May 20, 2013, 4:17 pm

Thanks Pidg! Trust me when I say that there were more than a few moments of hesitation with the shorts, but then I just said screw it. I’m glad I did!

• Beth May 20, 2013, 10:58 pm

Okay so you just killed it! Seriously gorgeous outfit, love that you designed the tee and the purple shorts I’m totally crushing on. Pinning it to my favorites Passion for Fashion board!

• Lena May 21, 2013, 7:24 pm

I love this look! Need that tee… and the shorts are great! I still haven’t found my perfect pair yet… ‘sigh’
    Totally pinning this look ♥
    Thanks so much for linking up with us for Passion For Fashion! Hope to see you again this Friday!