Outfit: eShakti + Mint

ootd403-3

ootd403-2

DETAILS: Dorothy Perkins mint pussybow top (similar) | eShakti custom skirt | Thrifted Steve Madden Luxe pumps (similar & similar) | BCBG earrings (similar) | Walmart bracelets(aff)

ootd403-1

ootd403-4

Lately, I’ve found that my wardrobe has been very ladylike and feminine. In the past, I have preferred pants, but I’ve been really drawn to skirts and dresses lately. So imagine my joy when online retailer eShakti offered me the skirt or dress of my choice for review!

What makes eShakti different from your average online clothing store is the fact that you can customize anything and everything. Really. You can submit your measurements and specify the length you prefer, along with how you’ll wear a skirt (on the waist, above or below), and even change the sleeves on a dress altogether. I customized my skirt to be above the waist and above the knee as well. The fit of the skirt was awesome, but it was quite a bit longer than I expected, right at the knee instead of above it. Still, I love the skirt, and I haven’t decided if I’ll keep it as is or hem it myself. Time will tell.

I know that in the future, whenever I need a skirt or dress that fits like a glove, I’ll definitely think of eShakti first. The quality of the fabric is awesome, and shipping was really fast for something custom made. You can find eShakti on Facebook and Twitter as well.

ootd403-5

ootd403-6

ootd403-7

Since I expected a shorter length, I had planned for edgier styling with a leather jacket and studded combat boots, but that didn’t work so well with this more demure length. I decided to go full Stepford Wife with it. I’ve had this pussybow top in my closet for more than a year waiting for the perfect bottom to pair with it. Looks like I’m right on time, since mint is such a great color for spring.

ootd403-01

ootd403-8

Honestly though, I love the skirt, and I know I’ll find a ton of other ways to wear it.

ootd403-9

Iā€™m linking up with: Dress for the Day | Wardrobe Wednesday | What I Wore Wednesday | Style Sessions | I Feel Pretty | YOLO Mondays | Real Girl Style | Monday Bloom | Fresh Fashionista

0 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 0 Pin It Share 0 Google+ 0 0 Flares ×
  • creole wisdom April 3, 2013, 9:44 am

Checking in from WIWW. You look great! I love, love that skirt. I know what you mean about dressing more girly. I find that spring just brings that out in me.

• jennae April 3, 2013, 1:55 pm

Thanks! Maybe it just is the spring bug that makes me want to wear skirts and twirl šŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by šŸ™‚

• Alison @ Get Your Pretty On April 3, 2013, 10:45 am

eShakti never ceases to amaze me with their gorgeous ladylike silhouettes. I adore how you styled it with the mint pussy bow top. You’re right, this skirt is really versatile. What a great piece for spring! Thanks for linking up this week, gorgeous as always!

• jennae April 3, 2013, 1:57 pm

Thanks Alison! I’m challenging myself to find a bunch of ways to wear it while the weather is warm.

• Lindsay April 3, 2013, 10:53 am

I love that skirt! They have so many pretty stripped skirts right now. Although the length is a little longer than you thought it would be, it will still be something you can remix quite a bit. Love it! Visiting from the I Feel Pretty link up today šŸ™‚

xo

Lindsay
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

• jennae April 3, 2013, 1:58 pm

You’re right Lindsay ā€”Ā I can definitely find other ways to wear it regardless of the length. Thanks for stopping by!

• Anita April 3, 2013, 4:21 pm

I really like the top, really lovely.

• Chioma April 3, 2013, 5:28 pm

love your skirt, it’s so ladylike and chic! Can’t wait to receive my dress from them šŸ™‚

~Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

• jennae April 4, 2013, 9:15 am

Thanks Chioma! It took me forever to decide what I wanted from their site. There are so many great options! I can’t wait to see what you chose šŸ™‚

• Kelly @ Kiwi Womens Style April 3, 2013, 9:32 pm

Your photography today is something else (and I had a bit of a giggle at the fountain out of the head shot!). Thanks for sharing with WW xo

• jennae April 4, 2013, 9:17 am

Kelly, I giggled when I looked back at that photo after I read your comment. Strange that I didn’t even realize the placement of the fountain until you said that…lol.

• Daenel T April 3, 2013, 10:04 pm

Loooooove the skirt. So very flirty and femme. I can totally see it edgy too. Nice.

• jennae April 4, 2013, 9:17 am

Thanks Daenel! I’m definitely trying to figure out ways to make it less conservative, because I can’ do frilly and feminine all the time šŸ˜‰

• dearabbyleigh April 4, 2013, 9:39 am

i was in love with this look the moment i saw it – and this photo on the bench? amazing!

you have such an eye for classic shapes/colors/outfits and then you take them one step further to make them your own. i love it! great touch with the mint.

thanks for linking up with dress for the day!

• Molly April 4, 2013, 8:46 pm

I love this look! I’m a huge Eshakti fan!

• Tara April 7, 2013, 2:40 pm

That skirt looks fantastic on you! I also love eShakti. They have so many great choices!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

• Shen Dove April 17, 2013, 7:30 am

I love the cut and length of this skirt. You styled it so nicely. I’m not familiar with eshakti, but I’ll definitely consider giving them a try because I love the idea of being able to customize your clothing items when purchasing them.