Fashion Friday is a new feature here at Green & Gorgeous. Every Friday, I’ll put together a completely eco-friendly outfit based around one specific item. Sometimes it will be really affordable outfit, and sometimes I’ll throw caution to the wind and put together great pieces regardless of price.
This week’s outfit started with the Timberland Women’s Earthkeepers Granby Tall Boot, which are one of few pairs of ski-style winter boots I actually like. It also helps that they have a 30% recycled PET fleece lining and an outsole made with 42% recycled rubber (hence the Earthkeepers name). I own two pairs of Earthkeepers, and I’m keeping my eye on these.
- TOP: Loomstate Raven Fleece Tunic, $103.50 (or $69 at Swirl until 1/31/11). Made of 100% organic cotton.
- BOTTOM: Loomstate Revelation Cimmeria Jeans, $158. Made of 98% organic cotton.
- JACKET: ecoSkin Sandpiper Wrap in Grey, $45 (at Bad Joan). Made in the U.S. of 92% Hemp
- PURSE: Matt & Nat Khaki Kings Bag, $87. Made of vegan leather with 100% recycled brown nylon lining.
- BRACELET: Alex & Ani Peace Expandable Wire Bangle Set, $108. Made of recycled metal.
How Others Wore It:
Occasionally, when I can find celebs or regular folks wearing the featured item well (or not so well), I’ll post those as well.
Below, E! correspondent Ashlan Gorse wears the Timberland Earthkeepers Granby Tall Zip Boots as she prepares for a Sundance style segment. Timberland is the official footwear and outerwear sponsor of the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
I’d love to hear what you think of the outfit, and what you think of the Fashion Friday feature. And if you have suggestions for items you’d like to see featured, I’d love to hear about that too!