If you’re clued into the green culture at all, you will probably recognize Summer Rayne Oakes. Yes, she is a Planet Green host and the woman behind Payless’ zoe & zac line of eco-friendly shoes, but more than that, she’s a woman with values. She’s a model who only works with companies that have a record of social and/or environmental responsibility. That’s a trait to be admired.
If you have similar style and sensibilities, now’s your chance to walk in Summer’s footsteps. Eco-fashion store Greenloop is looking for the next “Green Girl”: a model with green values and organic style to back it up. Enter to win a modeling contract, professional photography session with fashion photographer Courtney Dailey, complete with organic make-up and sustainable designer clothing, editorial coverage, a 20-piece organic wardrobe, an organic beauty shopping spree at Future Natural and more!
- Candidates must be female at least 17 years of age and US residents.Â Entrants under 18 years of age must have a consent form signed by a parent or guardian. Click here to download.
- Candidates must be dedicated to professionalism, environmental awareness and social responsibility.
- No previous modeling experience or agency representation is required.
- There are no restrictions on age (other then the minimum age) or height.
- Must be able to attend Portland Fashion Week for final competition October 9th-12th, 2009
Registration will be open through September 16, so get over there and sign up! Finalists will be announced September 25th and will compete during Portland Fashion Week from October 9-11. We need more models like Summer who stand for what they believe in!