I’m not ashamed to admit that each year, I look forward to the awesome specials and sales that come with Black Friday. Most of the time, I get at least half of my holiday shopping (not to mention shopping for necessities) done from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. If you’re planning your strategy, you’ll be happy to know that Walmart plans to make Black Friday epic this year. There will be a total of 5 days of savings at various events!
Here’s a handy infographic before I get into the meat and potatoes:
Event 1: Shop from home Thanksgiving morning
Starting on Thanksgiving morning while you’re taking a break from cooking, you’ll be able to shop Black Friday deals at Walmart.com. Without leaving the house. When you’re looking for something else to do anyway. That’s my kind of shopping! While some of those deals will be the same as the in-store specials, there will be some deals that can only be found online and come with free shipping, including:
- Samsung 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart TV for $1,298
- Neato XV-21 Robotic Vacuum for $269
- Dell 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop for $549
- Toshiba 2-in-1 11.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop for $299
- GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition Camera for $249.97
- Canon Rebel TSi dSLR Camera 2-Lens Bundle for $699
Event 2: In-Store Deals Start at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving
I won’t rehash the whole Black Friday ad, but there will be some great deals to be found, like:
- Character pajamas and sleepwear featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Frozen and Hello Kitty for $4.50
- Over 100 video games including “Call of Duty” and “Grand Theft Auto” from $15 to $49.96
- Nearly 800 DVD and Blu-ray movies from $1.96 to $9.96
- PlayStation 4 with “Grand Theft Auto V” and “The Last of Us” games for $399
- Keurig K40 Brewing System for $99 with a $25 Walmart Gift Card
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer for $229 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card
I don’t know. It might finally be time to upgrade to that Playstation 4.
1-Hour Guarantee from 6-7 pm on Thanksgiving
If you have your eye on some great gifts, the following Black Friday deals come with a 1-hour guarantee at Walmart from 6-7 pm on Thanksgiving. What does that mean, exactly? Well, as long as you’re in the designated line for a product during that hour, you can purchase the item and either take it home that night or receive it at a chosen Walmart store before Christmas. If the item is not available for you to take home that night, you’ll receive a 1-Hour Guarantee ticket, which you’ll use to pay for the item in-store and later complete your transaction online. Walmart’s 1-Hour Guarantee is available for these items only:
- 50” Class LED HDTV for $218
- Vizio 65” Class Smart LED HDTV for $648
- Apple iPad Mini 16GB with Wi-Fi for $199 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card
- Xbox One Halo “The Master Chief Collection” Bundle for $329 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card
- RCA 7” Google Play Wi-Fi Tablet for $29
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Style on Straight Talk Wireless for $29
- LG Blu-ray Disc Player for $35
- Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless Headphones for $149
- HP Intel Celeron Touch Laptop for $249
Event 3: More deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving
There are more electronic goodies going on sale at Walmart’s 8 p.m. event, including:
- Samsung Smart HDTVs from 32” ($298) to 60” ($798)
- Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Portable Speaker for $99.95
- Fitbit Flex Wristband for $69
- Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player for $25
- Vizio 50” Smart LED 4K Ultra HDTV for $698
- Nabi 2 Nickelodeon Edition Wi-Fi Tablet for $99
- Nikon D3200 dSLR Camera 2-Lens Bundle for $499
- Samsung Galaxy S4 on Straight Talk Wireless for $249
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7-inch Wi-Fi Tablet for $99
- Sony Bluetooth Sound Bar with Wired Subwoofer for $88
Even 4: Black Friday start at 6 a.m. Friday
On Black Friday morning, get 30% off the following items, from 6 a.m.-noon:
- All music CDs
- All Monster High toys
- Select Samsung TVs and home audio products
- Select Fisher-Price toys
- Select Christmas trees and lights
- Select Beauty and Personal Care gift sets
- From 6 am Friday, Nov. 28 Through Sunday, Nov. 30
Throughout the rest of the weekend, you can get more deals, including:
- Tires from $49 to $119 (deal available through Dec. 7)
- iPhone 5S 16GB for $79 with a 2-year contract and a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- iPhone 6 16GB for $179 with a 2-year contract and a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- Samsung Galaxy S4 for 97 cents with a 2-year contract and a $100 Walmart Gift Card
- Samsung Galaxy S5 for $99 with a 2-year contract and a $100 Walmart Gift Card
- Diamond jewelry priced $28 to $30, among other price points
- Ninja Kitchen System Compact for $79 and a $30 Walmart Gift Card
Event 5: Online Savings through Cyber Monday
On Saturday, Nov. 29 and Sunday, Nov. 30, there will be hundreds of deals to be found online at Walmart.com, with more deals to be had on Cyber Monday, Dec. 1. Full details will be released by Walmart soon!
OK. So that’s a whole lot information to process. The overall takeaway is that from Thursday to Monday, there will be a ton of great deals at Walmart, both online and in store. If you’re planning to shop, Walmart has provided some great tools and services to help make your Black Friday experience as stress-free as possible.
Use the interactive circular at Walmart.com
Check out the Black Friday ad online for additional information on the products you’re interested in, including product reviews, buyer’s guides, tutorials, and more.
Get your wristbands
If you’re heading out for a high-demand product like the Beats Pill or iPad Air, there will be wristbands available for you to pick-up (prior to the Black Friday event) so you don’t have to stand in line for a product that may sell out, or so you’ll have the chance to get more than one hot product. Wristbands will be distributed while supplies last.
This is probably the most valuable Black Friday tool. If you’ve never shopped the Walmart Thanksgiving sales, understand that the deals are not always where you’d expect them to be. They’re scattered throughout the store. However, store maps will be available and highlight the 1-Hour Guarantee items, wristband items, and other hot products. You’ll be able to check out the map at Walmart.com starting Nov. 18, but you can also view it on your mobile device during the 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. events on Thursday, Nov. 27.
We all know that Black Friday sales bring big crowds. Well, Walmart has shared with us that they plan to have every checkout lane in every Walmart Supercenter open throughout the Black Friday weekend. They have acknowledged that it is possible it may not happen at every single store because of store-level issues, but that is the goal.
Whew! Bookmark this post if you need a reminder of all Walmart’s Black Friday options, and happy shopping. As always, my best green tip for Black Friday shopping is buy what you need or would’ve bought anyway, or gifts that the recipient will love, rather than shopping just for the sake of shopping.
Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used.