This baby of mine. The one who was just born yesterday. She is five months old! Already.
I promise you, it feels like I just announced my pregnancy, and now all of a sudden, I have this chunky, spunky baby to love and squeeze and kiss. She has a ton of personality, and I love every minute of it. Check out her growth thus far:
This month’s milestones are aplenty, too:
- She took her first trip to California, and proved once again that she is an awesome travel buddy.
- She’s gained better control of her hands and neck. She’s grabbed things out of my hands unexpectedly more than once. Including my phone.
- She took her first dip in the pool and handled the water like a champ.
Plus, there’s her swimsuit and matching hat. Can we all just agree that this is the cutest photo in the history of EVER?
- She has started vocalizing more, including more syllables that are recognizable (like “da” and “hi”).
- She learned how to blow raspberries! She gets me really good, too.
- She went to her first Atlanta Caribbean Carnival and hung out with the family.
- I twisted her hair for the first time.
- She ate food for the first time.
I know this is such a cliche, but I fall more in love with her every day. She’s already living up to the meaning of her name:
JULIZA: Free spirited and beautiful in one’s own way
This child only cries when she’s hungry, gassy or sleepy. And occasionally when she wants attention, though there’s no shortage of that. She wakes up every single morning with a huge smile, and she’s just happy all the time. And as you can imagine, we can’t get enough of kissing her, squeezing her and taking in that new baby smell. Having her has really made our family more complete, and I can’t imagine life without her.