Outfits for Two: Show Me Some Confidence

ootd424-1

ootd424-2

I’m Wearing: Pink crop top (similar) | ASOS high-low skirt | Pastry wedge sneakers | Bracelet courtesy of Urban Lace Jewelry | Gifted necklaces & earrings (aff)

He’s Wearing: Parish button-down shirt (similar) | White linen pants (similar) | Shoes | Highland Creek shoes (similar) | Invicta watch (aff)

ootd424-3

ootd424-5

You know how people always say you have to “fake it ’til you make it”? That definitely applies to this week’s outfit. I bought this fabulous skirt from ASOS months ago. I was all starry eyed β€” until I tried it on. Let’s just say it looked a lot different on the model, and I didn’t realize how short the underskirt was.

I’m SO glad I finally convinced myself to wear this, in the middle of the day, no less. I didn’t feel super confident when I left the house, but by the end of the day, I felt like a million bucks. I got some side eyes from people, but that comes with the territory of wearing what you want and being who you are, right? Sometimes I might be a little self conscious, but I’ll just keep faking it ’til I make it, and eventually, I won’t need to fake it any more.

ootd424-4

ootd424-6

The exclamation point on the whole ensemble was my awesome bracelet courtesy of eco jewelry company Urban Lace. The bracelet is actually made from a recycled bike inner tube. How awesome is that?

ootd424-8

ootd424-10

As for my hubby, I love this look on him! He found this sailor-inspired top a while back and β€” as he always does β€” immediately knew that he wanted to pair it with white linen pants. LIke I’ve said before, the man knows what he likes, and I’ve always, ALWAYS admired his ability to completely be himself in any situation.

ootd424-9

ootd424-11

He has a sense of style that is completely and utterly his β€” one of the many things I love about him πŸ™‚ Here’s a tiny dose of his big personality:

ootd424-12

We had a lunch date, which we haven’t done in a while, and spent the rest of the day running errands and doing some shopping. It’s really awesome that nearly 10 years into our marriage (it will be 10 in July), I still genuinely enjoy spending time with my hubby. I’m also loving the fact that he’s so willing to do outfit posts with me. Now, the neighbors will think we’re both crazy at least once a week πŸ™‚

I’m linking up with: Dress for the Day | Wardrobe Wednesday | What I Wore Wednesday | Style Sessions | I Feel Pretty | YOLO Mondays | Real Girl Style | Monday Bloom

8 Flares Facebook 1 Twitter 1 Pin It Share 6 Google+ 0 8 Flares ×
  • Carly April 24, 2013, 10:05 pm

That pink is a fabulous color on you! It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun together!

• jennae April 25, 2013, 9:57 am

Thank you Carly!

• Laquana Drayton April 24, 2013, 10:56 pm

I saw this look on IG today and loved the cropped top! Great look. BTW, I’m a new Facebook follower.

• jennae April 25, 2013, 10:02 am

Thank you Laquana! I’m glad you liked it, and I Liked your page on FB as well πŸ™‚

• Olivia Lane April 24, 2013, 11:54 pm

You look gorgeous! Also, your husband looks great in his outfit and like he’s a lot of fun. I love the last picture! I’m visiting from WIWW, so you can check out my outfit too.

• jennae April 25, 2013, 10:03 am

Thanks Olivia! He is hilarious and always keeps me cracking up. He is incredibly full of personality, all the time. Thanks for stopping by and I’ll check out your blog.

• dearabbyleigh April 25, 2013, 12:04 am

you are definitely making it – so brave, beautiful, and adventurous. i love the inspiration you bring to every story you tell!

thanks for linking up with dress for the day!

• jennae April 25, 2013, 10:07 am

Thank you Abby! I think I’m inspiring myself as much as anyone else. I look at these photos and think there’s no way I would’ve worn this or felt like this 5 years ago or even ONE year ago. So I’m glad that progress speaks to other people too πŸ™‚

• Chioma April 25, 2013, 1:39 am

aww y’all look like you had a fun time taking these photos πŸ™‚

~Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

• jennae April 25, 2013, 10:13 am

Thanks Chioma. My hubby is a bundle of fun all the time πŸ™‚

• Alison @ Get Your Pretty On April 25, 2013, 9:53 am

You two are such a stylish couple and that skirt is HOT!

• jennae April 25, 2013, 10:13 am

Thanks Alison! Wearing it was a confidence booster in itself, because it eliminated any inclination to shyness as soon as I walked out the door…lol.

• Suzanne April 25, 2013, 5:41 pm

Your hubby is such a sport taking outfit photos with you! Lucky gal : )

I love it when someone has the confidence to pull off whatever they choose to wear. That skirt makes you look like you should be on some video…HOT!

bisous
    Suzanne

• Christina Steward April 25, 2013, 10:13 pm

Hot mama! You’re outfit is so fun! And your husband’s white on white looks great. You’re a stunning couple :)!

• Katelin April 26, 2013, 12:25 am

Oh my goodness, this is great! Today I took pictures for fun of my husband while he tried to mimic all my poses, it was hilarious! Looks like you guys had fun too πŸ™‚

• Cheryl April 27, 2013, 5:13 am

Love that thigh baring maxi skirt & mini skirt combination! IsnΒ΄t it nice when your guy supports your blog and even takes his pictures with you ? πŸ™‚

• Tara April 28, 2013, 8:18 am

That pink looks great on you! Of course your bracelet looks pretty cute too πŸ™‚

• Carly April 28, 2013, 12:00 pm

what FUN photos!! My hubs won’t even let me post pics of him on FB..he is SUPER private.

LOVE this look…especially paired with the kicks…perfect mix of casual for wearing it by day.
    Hope you are well!
    C

• Jacqueline May 3, 2013, 10:07 am

Well, I didn’t think it would take long for another couple shot! You two look great together. I personally don’t do high splits and midrifts, but you wear it well. I’m sure your husband loves his sexy wife. And he looks fab! Looks like you had a lot of fun, I had to laugh at your husband really posturing for the camera. πŸ™‚