Outfit: Glam-ouflage

ootd227-1

DETAILS: Thrifted Old Navy cape coat (similar & similar) | Thrifted NY&Co. pink tank (similar) | Target FlipSide reversible camo skinnies | Thrifted/vintage BCBG Paris ankle-strap pumps (similar) | Random bracelets & ring | Gold Spike Earrings from Instafashion.com (aff)

ootd227-2

The last time I wore a camouflage outfit, it was super casual and meant for a day in the park with my family. Not so this time. When I found these camo pants, I knew I wanted to do something more sophisticated with it. Glam-ouflage, if you can forgive my horrible pun.

ootd227-9

But first, a word about these pants. Target has a whole new line of FlipSide denim, which are reversible pants. They feature great prints on one side and solid colors on the other. These have camo on one side and solid green on the other. There are lots of other Flipside options to choose from, and while the sizing is juniors and they’re really low on the waist, they fit really nicely through the ankle. I was iffy on the whole reversible thing, but now, I’m really enjoying the idea of being able to get twice as many outfits out of one pair of pants.

ootd227-3

I paired the pants with one of my favorite thrifted finds of all time: am Old Navy cape coat. The silhouette is really fashion forward and flattering. It’s just long enough to hide my tummy, but not so long it will cover my hips. And the fit actually makes you look slimmer because its obvious there’s room under it.

ootd227-4

Finally, I wore these vintage BCBG pumps that I found at Goodwill for something like $7 a few months ago that I’ve been looking for a reason to wear. Finished with some jewelry and a pink tank for a pop of color when the coat is open, and I loved the overall look.

ootd227-5

So how did I do? Did I manage to successfully make camo pants glam?

ootd227-6

I’m linking up with: Dress for the Day | Wardrobe Wednesday | What I Wore Wednesday | Style Sessions | I Feel Pretty | YOLO Mondays | Real Girl Style | Fresh Fashionista

5 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 2 Pin It Share 3 Google+ 0 5 Flares ×
  • Christina Steward February 27, 2013, 11:55 am

Hey girl, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I’m so glad it lead me here :). I’m your newest follower. And I must say, you make these camo skinnies look SO good! What a great outfit!
    Christina Steward´s last blog post ..Black, Denim, & Dots

• jennae February 27, 2013, 5:18 pm

Thanks Christina — for the compliment and for stopping by!

• Antionette Blake February 27, 2013, 12:05 pm

Blog hopping from Glow Kouture. I need to check out Target again for those pants – love the concept and your outfit works! I love the pairing of the heels with the pants.
    Antionette Blake´s last blog post ..OOTD – I Love OLIVES

• jennae February 27, 2013, 5:18 pm

Thanks Antoinette! I really wanted the pants to feel more sophisticated than your typical camo.

• Shon February 27, 2013, 1:10 pm

I love your look here. The color combo is gorgeous. Everyone is having a blast with Camo and I have yet to take the plunge?? LOL

Is is me our did you change your layout and name? Looking great.
    Shon´s last blog post ..Cheat Sheet

• jennae February 27, 2013, 5:19 pm

Thanks Shon! And you’re absolutely right. The name of the blog is still the same, but I changed the design. What do you think of it?

• Robin Hardeman February 27, 2013, 3:03 pm

Hello,
    Bloghopped from Glow Kouture! Love the pants, and peeped at your Instagram, congrats on the weightloss!

• jennae February 27, 2013, 5:19 pm

Thanks Robin! I hope to see you around here again :)

• Carissa February 27, 2013, 3:27 pm

Hello!

I love your outfit! Your camo pants are adorable, I just bought a pair myself:) I found your blog through the Style Elixir Link Up and I hope that you have a good evening:)

Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

• jennae February 27, 2013, 5:20 pm

Thanks Carissa. Camo is everywhere these days, but it took a while to find a pair that fit well. I’d love to see how you work yours.

• Ana February 27, 2013, 3:32 pm

Love this! I’m obsessed with camo right now and you just inspired me to wear it more often. You rock it. So playful yet chic. P.S. Also saw this on instagram and just came upon your blog, what a coincidence. I guess it was meant to be for me to find your blog.

• jennae February 27, 2013, 5:21 pm

Ana, I have another pair of camo pants that are actually men’s pants, and a have a chic outfit planned for those too :)

• Shen Dove February 27, 2013, 7:52 pm

This is such a chic way to wear camo pants! Your short trench is fab.

• jennae February 28, 2013, 1:23 pm

Thanks Shen! This is one of my all time favorite jackets. It’s just a really flattering silhouette.

• Kenya February 27, 2013, 9:59 pm

I love this look! Completely fabulous! And nicely styled! I am such a fan of camo pants right now!

xo, Kenya

Kenya L Fashion Blog

• jennae February 28, 2013, 1:24 pm

Thanks Kenya! I have another pair that I can’t wait to wear :)

• dearabbyleigh February 27, 2013, 10:33 pm

glamouflage is my new favorite pun. this outfit is perfect – every piece!
    i have to ask how the reversible pants are fastened? a zipper? curious minds . . .
    dearabbyleigh´s last blog post ..dress for the day: adventure aboard davey’s locker

• Daenel T February 27, 2013, 11:15 pm

You totally asked the question I was thinking, how do they fasten?

Love the outfit – that pop of pink seals the deal. Now I kinda wish I’d kept my BDUs from my Army days. ;-)
      Daenel T´s last blog post ..Nine {In the Closet}

• jennae February 28, 2013, 1:22 pm

Abby and Daenel, so hilarious that I didn’t even think about this at all, I guess cause I was looking at it firsthand. There are actually two buttons — one on either side. The camo side of these pants was technically the “inside”, so it buttoned in reverse. I had to put the button through from front to back instead of back to front, if that makes sense :) The outside button was essentially just for decoration.

• Kelly @ Kiwi Womens Style February 28, 2013, 4:04 am

Very glam! The jewellery just makes it. I’m curious about the top of these reversible pants??? Thanks so much for joining up with WW :)

• jennae February 28, 2013, 1:22 pm

Thanks Kelly! I just answered your question above. I think it’s so crazy that I didn’t even question how they’d fasten…lol.

• Georgina February 28, 2013, 8:32 am

That jacket is so classic and chic! Thank you for popping by my blog xo
    Georgina´s last blog post ..Thoughts for Thursday: I Dream of Spring

• jennae February 28, 2013, 1:23 pm

Thanks Georgina!

• Jacqueline Jordan February 28, 2013, 8:41 pm

I love the jacket especially. The cut is just beautiful and very flattering. Nice new look on your blog too :-)

• Joy and Sunshine March 4, 2013, 2:48 pm

Just found your blog, and I’m so glad I did! This look is the perfect, cool mix of refined and edgy. Very glam camo!

• jennae March 4, 2013, 4:32 pm

Thanks for stopping by! That’s exactly what I was going for here. It’s so easy for camo to skew really casual, and I didn’t want that — this time ;)

• julie March 6, 2013, 3:34 pm

love this look. your hair looks great like that. just the right amount of attitude. work it !

• jennae March 16, 2013, 10:12 am

Thank you Julie! That comment made me smile ;)

• Kati Nickl March 6, 2013, 3:40 pm

I love how you styled the camouflage pants and your word choice of “glam-ouflauge.” You are adorable! Thanks for the comment on my blog. :) I am your newest follower!

XO

Kati
    Glitz & Gold
    Kati Nickl´s last blog post ..Leather + Hearts {winter fashion}

• Jessi March 11, 2013, 2:49 pm

Love how you managed to make camouflage glam! Looks great girl! I love those pointy toed heels and your hair looks pretty bad ass ;)
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

• jennae March 16, 2013, 10:12 am

Lol…thanks Jessi! You seem to know a thing or two about badass yourself :)

• Jay March 14, 2013, 6:01 pm

Lol, I have been considering these jeans for a couple of weeks and just bought them online a few minutes ago. Then I discovered your blog & this post. You confirmed my decision was a good one.

• jennae March 16, 2013, 10:13 am

Glad I could help, Jay! I looked at them sideways at first, but when I tried them on, I knew I had to have them.