OOTD: Golden Layers

ootd220-1

DETAILS: Forever 21+ sheer top (similar & similar)| Hooked Up by IOT sweater from Macy’s (similar & similar) | Old Navy RockStar skinny jeans | Mossimo tuxedo loafers from Target | Kenneth Jay Lane crescent pendant necklace via Ideeli (aff)

ootd220-5

I’ve gotten in the bad habit of wearing things once, then getting rid of them. To be fair, this is, in part, because I’ve been losing weight faster than I can wear some of my clothes, so by the time I go to wear them again, they’re too big. But I’m still trying to encourage myself to stop buying new and find ways to rework what I already have before it’s too late.

ootd220-3

ootd220-4

I wore these jeans in one of my first outfit of the day posts, and I almost waited too long to wear them again. Thankfully, this particular style of jeans from Old Navy are SUPER skinny, so while the waist is big and required a belt, the legs of the jeans still fit pretty nicely.

ootd220-2

I wore this gold sweater on my birthday in December and I actually took outfit photos that night, but they were blurry because of crappy lighting, so I never posted them. But here are some pics of that night from Instagram:

I’m getting the habit of layering, and I really like the way these colors work together — though I’ve decided I don’t like cropped sweaters because they tend to fall at the widest part of my hips and make me look wider than I am, as evidenced in the photo below. You’re going to see more of this from me in the coming weeks, while it’s still chilly enough to get away with wearing a bunch of layers.

ootd220-6

I can’t promise you’ll see all of these pieces again, but I’m going to be doing more restyling while I can.

I’m linking up with: Dress for the Day | Wardrobe Wednesday | What I Wore Wednesday | Style Sessions | I Feel Pretty | YOLO Mondays | Real Girl Style | Style Showcase

103 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 2 Pin It Share 101 Google+ 0 103 Flares ×
  • Alison @ Get Your Pretty On February 20, 2013, 5:57 pm

Congrats on your weight loss! I love the pretty emerald green with gold. Great combo. Thanks for linking up!
    Alison @ Get Your Pretty On´s last blog post ..I Feel Pretty | Fresh

• jennae February 20, 2013, 7:04 pm

Thanks Alison! I’m at 52.5 lbs. lost right now, so as you can imagine, I had to purge a LOT in my closet that was too big. I’m so glad I caught these before it was too late :)

• Chioma February 20, 2013, 6:24 pm

love that sweater and your hair is so pretty :)

~Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

• jennae February 21, 2013, 1:10 pm

Thanks Chioma! A frohawk is my all-time favorite natural hairstyle :)

• Daenel T February 20, 2013, 11:51 pm

Hey, weight loss is a very good reason for only wearing an outfit once! Bravo!

That hold sweater is too cute. Love how you paired it with the colored jeans. Cuteness.
    Daenel T´s last blog post ..Eight {In the Closet}

• jennae February 21, 2013, 1:13 pm

Good point, Daenel! Thankfully, as I’m losing, I’ve been shopping a lot of sales and more affordable stores like F21 so I don’t lose too much money on things I won’t get to wear a lot :)

• ShenDove February 21, 2013, 11:19 am

The green and gold of your outfit work so great together! As your pants loosen you can take them to a tailor to get the waist taken in. They are too cute to give away!

• jennae February 21, 2013, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the tip Shen. I considered that, and I’ve done some of my own tailoring on some pieces, but I’m a little wary to try it with skinny jeans. I’m also wondering if it would cost more to tailor the pants than the pants cost themselves :)

• Dhruvi February 21, 2013, 12:15 pm

Green+gold is one of my favorite combinations and this outfit looks great on you! Congratulations on the weight loss!! That’s definitely one good reason to get rid of your old clothes! :)

Dhruvi
    Stilettos & Sequins

• jennae February 21, 2013, 1:20 pm

Thanks Dhruvi! My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I added the sheer black top, but I needed another color to balance the outfit and so it wouldn’t look like Christmas in February…lol!

• Windy City Mama February 21, 2013, 11:04 pm

That’s a great color combination! Love the sweater too. You look fabulous!
    Windy City Mama´s last blog post ..Keep Warm in Winter with Layers

• Tara February 23, 2013, 3:44 am

Gold looks great on you! Your shoes are seriously super cute, and they are giving me ideas I need sparkly shoes now :D
    Tara´s last blog post ..21 Gunnery Sergeant

• Fashion MaBE March 5, 2013, 11:25 am

I LOVVVVVVE this entire outfit!! I’ll wait for this sweater to hit your online store :) LOL!
    Fashion MaBE´s last blog post ..Goody Two Shoes Tuesday!!