OOTD: Ice Cream

ootd212-1

Details: From Target: Mossimo tweed jacket  |  Mossimo pleated peplum tank  |  Mossimo destructed jeans  |  Mossimo studded ballet flats  |  Thrifted/Gifted Michael Kors purse (similar)  |  Gifted earrings (aff)

ootd212-2

Unless I’m doing something like the Walmart challenge a few weeks ago, I typically don’t wear outfits where all the pieces come from the same store or clothing line, but this combination just really worked for me, regardless of where the pieces came from.  The weather has been wet and gloomy, and I really needed some color in my life to brighten up my day.

ootd212-3

Not to mention it gave me an excuse to carry this fabulous Michael Kors bag my hubby gave me for Christmas. I actually found it at a consignment store in November, and I texted him a photo of it with the words “hint, hint.” He got the hint. And that’s among the reasons I love this man. A luxury purse in my favorite color in brand new condition at a secondhand price? He knows his wife :)

ootd212-4

ootd212-5

The tweed blazer and peplum top made the outfit skew a little conservative, so I added the destructed jeans to make it more casual. The ballet flats with the studs in the back were a recent find, and I love them! I have to break them in a little, because they’re a little harder than I would like, but with time, they’ll be great walking shoes.

Also, please excuse the bad hair day. I still felt like a million bucks :)

ootd212-6

I’m linking up with: Dress for the Day | Wardrobe Wednesday | What I Wore Wednesday | Style Sessions | I Feel Pretty | YOLO Mondays | Real Girl Style | Style Showcase

132 Flares Facebook 0 Twitter 2 Pin It Share 130 Google+ 0 132 Flares ×
  • Brooke February 13, 2013, 8:31 am

This is absolutely fabulous Jennae! :) Peplum cut tops always look great on you and I love that bag.
    Brooke´s last blog post ..A Moment of Digital Reflection During Coffee

• jennae February 13, 2013, 9:30 am

Thanks Brooke! Every time I think I’m tired of peplum, I find a new way to wear it, or a new style of peplum that I have to have. It helps that this was on clearance :) I actually bought this top in 2 colors.

• Heather @thedomesticdiva February 13, 2013, 8:47 am

Love the stud flats!
    Heather @thedomesticdiva´s last blog post ..Valentine’s Baking Ideas

• jennae February 13, 2013, 9:31 am

Thanks Heather! They had a bunch of different colors, but I liked the nude the best. Now if only they’d start making “nude” that actually matches my skin tone…

• Alison @ Get Your Pretty On February 13, 2013, 10:01 am

I really love that jacket, the color is perfect and it looks so expensive! The details on your flats are awesome too. Thanks for linking up this week!
    Alison @ Get Your Pretty On´s last blog post ..I Feel Pretty | In Chambray

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:21 am

Alison, that’s exactly what drew me to the jacket. The fabric is great quality and looks really upscale, but the price was incredible! This one will be a wardrobe staple for as long as it fits me!

• Antionette Blake February 13, 2013, 2:03 pm

Very nice and your hubby is a smart man!
    Antionette Blake´s last blog post ..OOTD – Pre V-Day Wednesday

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:21 am

Thanks Antionette!

• Jessi February 13, 2013, 3:41 pm

You look gorgeous girl!! I love target. Funny that all the pieces happened to come from there :) I LOVE this tweed jacket, oh. my. gosh. How long ago did you get it? And those flats are darling too.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:23 am

Jessi, I got the jacket last week, and it’s actually still on sale at the Target website for less than $18. You can get it here: Mossimo tweed jacket. I hope you love it as much as I do, and thanks for reading!

• dearabbyleigh February 13, 2013, 4:07 pm

i am so into this peplum, as you know! i love this outfit and never would have thought you were having a bad hair day!
    dearabbyleigh´s last blog post ..dress for the day: saved by a scarf

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:24 am

Lol…thanks Abby. I tried to do a “wash & go” with my hair, but it wasn’t cooperating. It was all lopsided and uneven, but you know what? I rocked it anyway ;)

• Nikki at Bedazzles After Dark February 13, 2013, 4:20 pm

I looooove the denim! Been searching high and low for the perfect distressed denim – this pair is awesome!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at http://www.bedazzlesafterdark.com
    Nikki at Bedazzles After Dark´s last blog post ..Outfit Post: Hearts Beat Foldover Clutch

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:25 am

Nikki, as soon as I saw them, I had to have them! It’s tough to find distressed denim that doesn’t show too much skin, or that fits right. The waist here is still a little lower than I would like, which is why I wore the peplum top, but otherwise, the fit is fantastic!

• Shon February 13, 2013, 5:56 pm

Yay! The color combo is divine, your hair is gorgeous and Hubby gets an A for scoring the bag!
    The deconstructed jeans are a fun twist with the ladylike blazer.
    Shon´s last blog post ..Guesswork

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:26 am

Thanks Shon! I was crossing my fingers that he’d take the bait, and I was like a kid in a candy store on Christmas morning when I saw that he did :)

• Sarah Hulbert Style February 13, 2013, 11:43 pm

Just read your about page, Jennae, and I am just loving your attitude toward green fashion and design. I am a decorator and I love it when clients request earth-friendly design. More and more people are getting on board. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog so I could find yours, I look forward to following along! ~Sarah

PS Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Sarah Hulbert Style´s last blog post ..Outfit Inspiration: “Great Expectations”

• jennae February 14, 2013, 9:27 am

Thanks Sarah! Eco-friendly interior design is my first blogging love and I’ve been blogging about it at Green Your Decor since 2008, so you are a woman after my own heart. I love your style and your blog, and I’d love to see some of your design projects!

• Sarah February 14, 2013, 10:41 am

I’m totally in love with that jacket. And it’s a great color on you! Happy Valentine’s Day!
    Sarah´s last blog post ..happy love day.

• jennae February 15, 2013, 9:47 am

Thanks Sarah! I love the way you put outfits together, so I sincerely appreciate the compliment :)

• Lindsay February 14, 2013, 8:20 pm

I am so in love with that peplum top! I have like three of them in my virtual cart! It looks fabulous on you and I love it paired with the pink jacket!

• jennae February 15, 2013, 9:48 am

Lindsay, isn’t peplum awesome! I have so many peplum pieces now that I really need to stop buying them, but they’re incredibly flattering, particularly when low-rise jeans aren’t very flattering at all and the peplum covers that awkward place where the waist of the jeans sit :)

• Jacqueline Jordan February 18, 2013, 9:54 am

I am particularly fond of the soft blue top, it is so pretty. And the bag…your hubby IS a darling. Love it and how wonderful he was able to get at a discount too.

• Sweet Juicy April February 23, 2013, 3:09 pm

I love the color combination, and the peplum top and jacket look so good on you. I love your hair, too. You have so many cute outfits here on your blog… you have AMAZING style! I love Target and could pretty much daily make outfits with just stuff from them! I am also the same with Old Navy, H&M and F21. I’m pretty much just cheap so all my outfits come from the same 4 stores. PS. Thanks for commenting on my blog!