#Cinchspiration: Six Months In, I’m a Changed Woman

Life sucks when you’ve given up. But I thought I’d be addicted to sugar and fast food for the rest of my life, and I’d resolved myself to being obese. I thought I just didn’t have the energy to eat healthier foods or exercise regularly. So I decided that I’d wrap my body, 80 pounds overweight, in clothes that made me feel good and that I’d learn to love myself just as I was.

But then something amazing happened. I threw my name in the hat for a chance to be one of 50 bloggers who’d get to use the Shaklee 180 program for 6 months. And I was selected. And 6 months later, everything is different. See for yourself:

Please forgive the fact that these after pics are so pixellated. Unfortunately, today is a dark, gloomy day, so the room was a lot darker than usual. But there’s another special photo I can’t wait to share:

You read that right. I’ve lost a total of 44 pounds on the Shaklee 180 program in a little less than 6 months! If you want to know how I did it, feel free to scroll through all my Cinchspiration posts to see the transformation. My goal for the 6-month period was 40 pounds, and I still have more than a week left before it’s officially over, so I’m pretty darn proud of myself! Here are my current measurements:

My inch loss is the same as last time, but I’m completely cool with that. I still feel like a million bucks, and then some! Not just because of the weight loss either. I feel like a completely different person on the outside, but more importantly, on the inside, too.

Six months ago, I was defeated. Today, I’m shopping for clothes in smaller sizes than I currently wear because I KNOW I’ll get there as long as I keep pushing. Six months ago, I skipped breakfast nearly every day, and when I did eat, I typically ate crap loaded with sugar, simple carbs, fat and failure. Today, I’ll pass on cookies to have an apple instead, drink water instead of calorie-loaded juice, and I couldn’t eat a huge plate of food if I tried.

I’ve learned to control my portions and make better choices, even when I’m busy and have to grab food on the run. The Shaklee 180 smoothees and meal bars are convenient, but the thing about the plan that helped me more than anything else was having to choose my own, healthy, dinner. After doing that for the first few months and waiting for my body to get used to the reduced calorie intake, I learned which foods to choose, so that even on days when I’m away from home and not able to grab a Cinch meal, I can still choose healthier options.

I’ve learned that I can make dishes at home that not only taste better than the restaurant version, but that are lower in calories, sugar and fat, too. I’ve learned that I don’t have to starve or deprive myself to lose weight, and I’ve finally. Finally! Learned the meaning of the word “moderation.”

I’ve broken habits that I’ve complained about on this blog since I started it in 2009. And I have Shaklee, team leader Sommer Poquette and the 49 other ladies who began this journey, and the 30+ who have completed it. I especially want to thank women like Maribel, Brooke, Maggie, Mandee and a couple of others who were particularly supportive and always trying to motivate all of us to do our best. They’ve all taught me how to push people to their limits without making them hate you, and I’ve been able to do the same for friends — online and in real life — who have seen my transformation and asked what I’m doing and how they can do it too.

I’m sincerely emotional, because in addition to the new friendships, this program has helped me fully rediscover some things that I thought had been lost to me forever: Self-love and confidence.

So though I still have nearly 40 pounds more to lose before I reach my goal weight and a healthier BMI, I still feel like a winner. I went from a woman who almost never allowed anyone to take full body photos (the one shown above is one of only a handful) to one who proudly, excitedly posts outfit of the day photos each week. In a few short months, I have transformed from a woman who was faking confidence to one who actually is confident.

I’d say I’ve done pretty well, and I’m more proud of myself about this than I’ve been about anything in a long, long time. Shaklee 180, thank you. My 30th birthday is in four days (gasp!), and my health is the best birthday present I could ever receive. This program gets my unequivocal stamp of approval.

Disclosure: I was chosen by Shaklee to be a #Cinchspiration blogger. As a result, I have received a 6-month supply of Shaklee 180 products along with online support and incentives as I document my journey. As usual, all opinions are authentic and mine. Results and experiences are unique for each person, so results may vary. People following the weight loss portion of Shaklee 180 can expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

35 Flares Facebook 4 Twitter 2 Pin It Share 29 Google+ 0 35 Flares ×
  • Maribel Reyes December 10, 2012, 3:06 pm

Jennae, you rocked this and will continue to rock it! you are my main inspiration and with tears in my eyes I congratulate you! These are tears of joy and feeling like you wrote exactly how I feel!

• jennae December 10, 2012, 8:18 pm

Oh Maribel, that’s so sweet! We inspire each other, my dear, because I can count many days when you helped me get back on track. Thank you for being the wonderful friend that you are :)

• Heidi Gray December 10, 2012, 3:13 pm

Great work!! I agree with Maribel!!
    Heidi Gray´s last blog post ..Brand New! $1.00 off PHILLIPS’ Laxative Product

• jennae December 10, 2012, 8:19 pm

Thank you Heidi! You ladies are making me tear up! Again!

• Maggie Smith December 10, 2012, 3:22 pm

Girl, you look great and the fact that we are regaining our health is the BEST GIFT of ALL!! I am honored to be your friend!

• jennae December 10, 2012, 8:21 pm

Maggie, that is definitely the best part of all this. What makes this so much more worthwhile is that my daughter, who had a lot of my bad habits related to food, is starting to pick up my good habits :) I’m so happy to be doing this when she’s still young an impressionable so she’ll learn good habits.

• Sommer @shakleehq December 10, 2012, 3:56 pm

Amazing, just amazing! Happy 30th in advance to you. You should indeed be very proud of yourself.
    Sommer @shakleehq´s last blog post ..5 Simple Ways to Green Your Holiday and Wallet

• Melanie December 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

Amazing story! You look wonderful, beautiful and confident. Keep up the great work. I saw your story on FB. I would love to share it if you don’t mind.

• jennae December 10, 2012, 8:22 pm

Thanks for stopping by Melanie, and feel free to share as you see fit :)

• Lynn December 10, 2012, 5:22 pm

You definitely are a winner. Congratulations! You are a stunning woman no matter your weight. I know how proud you are of your loss and I salute you for your perseverance. Believe me, having had the same struggle my entire life, I know what this means. Sending a big hug (but not as big as before, lol).
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Christmas tips from readers

• jennae December 10, 2012, 8:29 pm

Thanks for the laugh Lynn! I will forever appreciate your unending support. And the compliments are good for my self esteem ;)

• Ashley December 10, 2012, 7:07 pm

Yo pictures are fabulous! Congratulations on reaching your goals and learning to love yourself again!
    Ashley´s last blog post ..Huffy 12-inch Girls or Boys Bike Only $29.97 Shipped!

• jennae December 10, 2012, 8:30 pm

Thank you Ashley! I really appreciate the kind words :)

• Diane Solomon December 11, 2012, 1:58 am

You look amazing Jennae. Last year a woman who lost 125pounds told me every day was Christmas for her. Congratulations.

• jennae December 11, 2012, 10:48 am

Diane, that is absolutely what it feels like :)

• Mandee December 12, 2012, 10:52 pm

I love your outfit photos! You look super cute in ANYTHING you put on your skinny bod! I can definitely see the confidence. YOU are doing awesome Jennae! And thank YOU for your support as well. I think the support from everyone has tremendously helped keep us all going. :)
    Mandee´s last blog post ..5 Ways to Make Your Home More Child-Friendly

• jennae December 14, 2012, 9:52 pm

Hahaha! Is it crazy that the word skinny still makes me uncomfortable? I guess I’ve just never thought of myself that way :) Thanks for your kind words Mandee!

• Jenilee December 14, 2012, 9:45 pm

You look AMAZING! WAY.TO.GO! I am so happy for you, and I hope you have continued success! You have worked so hard, and your results really show that!
    Jenilee´s last blog post ..Get a smile with Transformers! #HasbroKREO #spon

• jennae December 14, 2012, 9:53 pm

Thanks Jenilee! I really appreciate your support!

• Shanaka @ Mama Bee Does December 17, 2012, 9:51 pm

Jennae,
    It has been a pleasure “meeting” you on our Cinch journey. You were always one I kept a look out for with FB posts and Instagram pics. You really are an inspiration to others. I can say that because you have been an inspiration to me. I’ve had my lowest of lowes during our Cinch 6 months and seeing your progress and following along with you has helped me fight my own battles. I wish you much success as you continue your better health journey. ((Hugs))
    Shanaka @ Mama Bee Does´s last blog post ..You could get a KitchenAid mixer, Keurig, Dyson or 3 month internship give away #BlueRooDeals

• Evolving Stacey December 21, 2012, 11:43 am

When I look at your after photos, I see Self-Love and Confidence. You reached the weight loss goal I was hoping for, but did not reach. You are truly my hero!

• fatloss factor March 23, 2013, 10:58 am

hello there and thank you to your info ? I’ve certainly picked up something new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical points using this site, as I skilled to reload the site many times prior to I may get it to load properly. I have been thinking about if your web hosting is OK? No longer that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading circumstances times will often impact your placement in google and could injury your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could glance out for a lot extra of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you replace this once more very soon..