Last year, I made a LOT of Christmas gifts by hand, in part because it cost a lot less than buying gifts for every single person on my list and it’s more sustainable, but also because it was therapeutic for me, and I was able to personalize each gifts in a way that I knew the recipient would appreciate. This year, I hope to make at least as many gifts, but I’m a lot busier this time, so I’m not sure if that will happen. However, I have a solution that meets in the middle, somewhere between your typical store-bought gift and something completely homemade: Photo gifts from Walmart. (aff)
In addition to holiday photo cards, standard prints and coffee mugs, you can have special photos printed on everything from canvasses to ornaments, blankets, photo books calendars, and even clothing and jewelry. Click here to download the photo gift catalog and view all the available options. Among my favorite options is the printed iPhone case:
It’s only available for the iPhone 4 & 4s at the moment, but I’m crossing my fingers that it soon becomes available for the 5, because I want one of those for myself!
I recently ordered some personalized holiday cards featuring photos of my family, and I love the way they turned out. The process of ordering the cards online is simple. Just head to the Walmart photo card page, choose and design, upload your photo and add a message. You can have the cards delivered to you at home or opt to pick them up in your nearest store the same day. The great part is that each card comes with an envelope, so it’s really easy to pop them in the mail and send them off. But even better, Walmart recently upgraded those envelopes to add silver lining at no additional cost, so your photo cards will look extra special. Here are ours, in a couple of different designs:
Design Your Own Card
- The photo card design should fit one of four categories: General Holiday, Religious, Kids Holiday, or En Español.
- The design must incorporate at least one photo box that could contain a customer’s photo and at least one text box that could contain customer-personalized text. The photo and text boxes.
- The design should be exactly 5×7 inches and can be horizontally or vertically oriented. The submitted file should be no bigger than 2MB in size and between 72 and 300 dpi is recommended.
- The design must be submitted as a jpeg, gif, or png file.
- The design must not infringe on intellectual property rights.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation for sharing their photo gift selection and design contest. Participation is voluntary and as usual, all opinions are my own.