If there’s one thing that everyone in my family can agree on, it’s that we love video games. Over the years, we’ve acquired a Wii, an XBOX and a Playstation 3, and they all get regular use — for everything from watching movies to exercise to entertaining guests. But aside from creating avatars that look the way we all wish we did, it’s not often we really get to be a part of the game.
With the NCAA Football 13 game, though, you can “get covered” — literally. In conjunction with Walmart, you can create a cover for the game featuring your favorite team and your face! How do you do it? Simple:
- Visit the NCAA Football 13 Walmart Facebook app at www.walmart.com/NCAAFB13
- Choose your console (XBOX or PS3) and your favorite college team, and upload a picture of yourself to add to the cover.
- You can also customize the player’s skin color, which was helpful, given that the default was white.
- Once you’re done, you can choose to share your new cover with your Facebook friends or you can print it at home, cut it out and stick it inside your game case!
As much as I love gaming, I’ve never been big on sports games, so I used a photo of my hubby. Now, he’s walking around feeling like a football star in spite of the fact that he’s never set foot on a field — but that’s the point, right?
As for the game, my husband is still learning the ropes. He’s used to playing NFL-based Madden, but I’m sure he’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly. For those of you who have played NCAA Football games in the past, there are some changes to this edition:
- Heisman Challenge: You can play as one of 10 former Heisman Trophy winners and use his legendary skills for your favorite college team in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman Trophy once again.
- All-New Passing Game: A revolutionary passing system brings added authenticity to the Quarterback position from ball trajectory to play action pass to the option. Enhanced receiver control puts you in position to make a play on the ball and new read and react defensive coverage delivers greater realism on the gridiron. (My husband said he has noticed a difference in ease of passing).
- Reaction Time: Great players see and feel the game differently. With Reaction Time, the game slows down during key moments, increasing your on-field awareness and opening up more opportunities as you sense things before they happen.
- Dynamic Dynasty: For the first time ever, your recruiting grades can change each week based on your performance in Dynasty mode. In addition, Gameday Saturdays come to life with live studio updates and enhanced commentary by Rece Davis.
I know that this game will get a lot more playing time around here in the coming weeks. I’m just thankful that my hubby got it for the XBOX, since I tend to play my favorites on the PS3, and I know he’ll be hogging the console for a while.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. I was provided with compensation for sharing my experience with NCAA Football 13 with you. Participation is voluntary and, as usual, all opinions are my own.