Today is Earth Day, and among the myriad ways that exist to commemorate the day, one of my biggest goals is to prove to people that sustainability can be incorporated into everyday life painlessly. In other words, it is a great idea to plant a tree or clean up a beach or roadside today, but keep that enthusiasm in mind every day.
Even when you’re shopping for clothes, you can make a conscious decision to support green design â€” and do so without being relegated to frumpy, boring clothes. Take the Timberland Earthkeepers collection, for example. I was already supremely impressed by their winter boot collection, and I LOVE the two pairs I own. But when I found out they’d released a new spring collection, I was over the moon. In addition to the boots I already love, they’ve added strappy sandals, cute flats and even clothes and accessories to the collection!
Believe it or not, this entire outfit, with the exception of the sunglasses, comes from Timberland.
- Women’s EarthkeepersÂ® Sleeveless Shawl Neck Sweater, $65. Made of a bamboo/organic cotton blend.
- Women’s EarthkeepersÂ® Organic Denim Jean, $69.50. Made of 100% organic cotton.
- Earthkeepersâ„¢ Beach Cruiser Shopping Bag, $135. Made of 10% leather, 90% organic cotton striped canvas with an 100% organic cotton lining.
- Women’s EarthkeepersÂ® Belicia Ankle Strap Sandal, $100. Made of leather tanned in a facility rated Silver for improved energy, water and waste management and a Green Rubberâ„¢ outsole made with 42% recycled rubber.
- Rawa Bamboo Sunglasses by KAYU, $126 (on sale from $180 for Earth Week)
And this is just a small selection of what they have to offer. I love their cute t-shirts, stylish linen skirt and flats (because as much as I love looking at heels, I hate walking and standing in them for too long).
Check out the rest of the collection.
Disclosure: Timberland is providing me with a pair of shoes from the Earthkeepers collection. As of press time, I had not received them, but this is one way to dress them up. As usual, all opinions are my own.