My daughter started Pre-K this year, and it was a big step for us. While she had been to preschool before, the knowledge that this was pre-kindergarten reminded me that soon, my daughter will be old enough to attend regular school. Pre-K doesn’t require a whole lot of supplies, but I did want to get my daughter a backpack to carry her favorite stuffed toy and a change of clothes. EcoGear sent me one of their delightfully cute, organic EcoZoo backpacks to review, and I couldn’t have been happier!
The EcoZoo packs are the perfect size for a preschooler who has little to carry, but who still wants to feel like a big kid. My daughter got the puppy bag, shown at top, but it is also available as a panda, a pig and an elephant. The photos might give you the impression that the bags are made of cushy terry, but they are actually made of sturdy organic cotton canvas. The plush parts are actually pretty firm, which makes sense since they have to hold up to everyday use. The bag closes with a drawstring, and the face of the critter is on a flap that folds over the front.
My daughter loves her EcoZoo bag, and I’m definitely looking at the other backpacks offered by EcoGear for her older brothers. In fact, the bags for bigger kids are currently on sale for just $19.99, steeply discounted from $79.99 apiece. Find more great green back to school gear in my handy guide.
Why It’s Green:
- Made of organic cotton canvas & rope
- Finished with non-toxic dyes
- Has recycled plastic components and sustainable wood accents
Want to Win?
One lucky reader of Green & Gorgeous will walk away with an EcoZoo puppy backpack of their own. All you have to do to enter is visit the EcoGear site. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me something you liked or learned about the company that I didn’t mention above. It could be one of their products or a fact about the company. Anything you want. Itâ€™s that easy! You have until 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, August 28, 2009.
Want more chances to win? Do any of the following after you complete the first entry method to receive additional entries. PLEASE be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry so they will be counted accurately:
- Subscribe to Green & Gorgeous via email or RSS. Email subscribers MUST confirm their subscription for their entry to be valid. Leave a comment letting me know that you subscribed.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link to your tweet.
- Stumble any page at Green & Gorgeous, and leave a link to your StumbleUpon profile so I can verify your entry.
- Blog about Green & Gorgeous and leave a link to your blog post here
- Fave this blog on Technorati and leave a comment with your user name.
- Become a fan of Green & Gorgeous on Facebook and leave a wall post.
You have until 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, August 28, 2009, to enter. U.S. mailing addresses only! A winner will be chosen via Random.org and contacted via email. Good luck everyone!