When I’m shopping for clothing for myself, which I admittedly hate doing because of my size, I often won’t even try to find eco-friendly options. Sadly, this is because experience has taught me that many eco-fashion lines don’t cut XLs or size 16. But when it comes to shopping for my daughter, I always try to find greener alternatives. This is particularly important because my daughter has sensitive skin, and clothing made with synthetic fibers and chemical dyes and inks will often make her itch. So thank goodness for brands like barley & birch, which makes the cutest organic kids tees, tanks and other clothing.
Barley & birch was kind enough to send me their Octi tank in a size 6 for my daughter (shown on her in the top photo). We both love it, and I have yet to hear her complain about itching! My daughter just turned 4, but already she’s tall and slender enough to wear a size 6. The b & b tank offered a perfect fit for her body type, slender through the torso, but long enough to cover her butt. Sadly, many kids tees are just too short for my daughter, and they’re even worse after they shrink. There was very little shrinkage with this tank, so it still fits her beautifully.
I’m also in love with the kid-friendly animal and nature-inspired designs. This is great example of how green goes far beyond granola. These are bold, graphic designs that any kid would be happy to wear.
Why It’s Green:
- Made in the U.S.
- Made of 100% certified organic cotton and printed with water-based inks
- At least 15% of their profits go to several carbon-reducing initiatives in order to fully offset the carbon emissions that result from production, and at least another 15% goes to organizations that improve people’s lives around the world.
Want to Win?
Barley & Birch has generously offered to give away an Octi tank in size 2, 4 or 6 to one lucky reader of Green & Gorgeous. All you have to do to enter is visit the barley & birch site. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me something you liked or learned about the company that was NOT mentioned above. It could be your favorite pick from the products in their collection or even fact about the company. Anything you found interesting.
Want more chances to win? Do any of the following after you complete the first entry method to receive additional entries. PLEASE be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry so they will be counted accurately:
- Subscribe to Green & Gorgeous via email or RSS. Email subscribers MUST confirm their subscription for their entry to be valid. Leave a comment letting me know that you subscribed.
- Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link to your tweet.
- Stumble any page at Green & Gorgeous, and leave a link to your StumbleUpon profile so I can verify your entry.
- Blog about Green & Gorgeous and leave a link to your blog post here.
- Fave this blog on Technorati and leave a comment with your user name.
You have until 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, August 12, 2009, to enter. U.S. mailing addresses only! A winner will be chosen via Random.org and contacted via email. Good luck everyone!